Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Emotional Engorgement

They say that pregnancy can make one more emotional. They, that great committee of anonymous experts, are correct. For example:

1. At the vet: Discussing our dogs' health with Dr. Trish. Michael and I converse abut whether Scooter will remember Emily, who will be 7 when he is born. Who (oh, hurts me to type this) will not be around forever. Total waterworks. Completely lost it in front of the vet.

2. Anything that is mildly funny becomes pee-my-pants hilarious now. Watching the Daily Show, for example. Funny, sure. Jon Stewart is a wit. But, so funny that I can't breathe and Michael worries for my health, mental and otherwise?

3. Mmmm, anger is fun. Cut me off when driving, and it's a good thing I'm not carrying my Sig. Behave as if the world revolves around you, and I could tear you limb from limb. Weeee!

4. Oh, Cold Case, how you get me with that manipulative, cheesy music montage at the end of every episode. Crying into my knitting to some sappy tune while all the characters gaze off distractedly into the hazy distance.

5. Joy. A simple Cannoli is all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment